Dreamgirls (Savoy Theatre)




Dreamgirls is one of those shows where you imagine what it would be like in your head but when you come to see it, it is even better! The only negative I have (not about the show but the theatre itself) is the seating. If you are 5'7 or taller do not go for the upper circle seats as the seating is narrow and there is no leg room, for this one I also needed to part with a £1 for some of those binoculars as the view was not that great from above.


Ranting out the way, the show itself was overall amazing. I was expecting a lot from this show as most reviews said how entertaining it was (along with the film released starring Beyonce was great). And it was. The solo duet really stood out to me of 'I'm Telling You' and the story itself was very bittersweet which I was not expecting but loved it and it worked well for the storyline.

The acting was so good and the costumes and makeup really in the opening scene set the tone for how great the performances were going to be.

Very much enjoyed Dreamgirls, unfortunately the show has now come to an end so for those of you who were able to see it, I hope you also had a good experience. The Savoy Theatre is now showing 'Dolly Parton's 9 to 5' and it's one I'm looking forward to seeing.. hopefully with better seating though..

Comments

Popular Posts