Kinky Boots (Adelphi Theatre)




So today I went to see Kinky Boots at the Adelphi Theatre in Covent Garden, London.


I was so hyped up about this show and came with high expectations as many people spoke very highly of the performances, so with my sparkly duster earrings and a classic red lip, I made my way to London on a mother and daughter evening out.

Of course, I sat in the upper circle but the view was still visible, as seen in my amazing darkened photograph below

The show began with a bruiser kind of guy, hinting at the audience to turn their phones off, which brought the performance to a good start, I don't know about you but small detail like that catches my attention as it was cleverly conveyed.

The storyline itself was a good one, need I say, a little cliche at times but that is the only negative point I have on this play.

The soundtrack was emotional and fantastical and I loved it, I love a song that is relatable (basically every song I listen too is) but I find it hard in a musical to relate to the song, however with this one it was different.

The moral, or morals should I say was be yourself and follow what you want to do, not what others set out for you to.

The drag QUEENS were astounding, one, how do they get those leg kicks so high in those boots?! and two, how do they have such amazing figures?! The performers were unruly and crazily talented, I was blown away by the dance routines and the costumes.

The show’s key message ‘you change the world when you change your mind’ shines throughout the entire performance. It is a relief to know that such strong 21st century ideas of identity are becoming so accepted and written about in our society.


Overall, the show is a must see, storyline, performance and the theatre itself is absolutely brilliant and having the chance to see it again, I would.

Here's me signing off, Goodnight xoxo






Comments

Popular Posts